Sunday, September 02, 2007

Hope and Faith

Is there any difference between Hope and Faith??? A person who believes in god or higher powers has this faith that helps him during tough times. that person would always pray whenever in trouble. But what would a nonbeliever do? He/She would be hoping for something good to happen. Personally I am do not believe in god and I do not follow any religion. But whenever anything troubles me, I find myself hoping for the best, hoping that whatever it is that is troublling me would pass. But after reading the first few sentences I'm sure that we would all feel there is not much difference between hope and faith. It is just two different forms of the same thing. In one we draw power from everything around us, and in another we do the same from a supernatural being. A true athiest would be one who would neither hope or pray, but base himself on reality and not look for any out of the way support. But to me that seems impossible to do. Unless a person's upbringing has been such as to expel thoughts of this kind from the mind, that person will always resort to prayer or hope when the situation is bad. So the question arises again, Is there any difference between Hope and Faith???

No comments: