Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Satan In Me

-Nitish N5


Everything in my mind,
Is a mystery,
Happiness, joy, sadness are just simple things,
I know nothing of what is deep within.

I always thought that I had angels in my soul,
Making me happy and good was their goal.
But I started to feel when I committed the sin,
That there is something else that my mind has deep within.

It makes me feel that I am somebody else,
It tells me to think of myself and nobody else,
My life is not to be wasted on lesser mortals,
Says it, I should strive to make myself immortal.

It tries to remove any compassion from me,
It strives to make my anger go free.
It aims to make me lust for more,
It works so that I have a conscience no more.

But it also brings the fire in my eyes,
It gives me determination to take on the world,
It makes my dreams go to infinity,
It ensures that my greed has no finity.

It gives me the reason for my existence,
For this I can give it no resistance.
Even the perfect man also has a bit,
Even the Creator wouldn't say there's no one without it.

It is the same thing the people have in their lives,
Which makes them determined to change other's lives.
It made sure Hitler never said sorry,
It got Mike Tyson to achieve world glory.

I know for sure that I'm nobody without it in me
For it is, The Satan In Me.

-Nitish N5

No comments: